Today we have another episode in our CEO series, as Bryce and Alec speak to Brickworks’ (ASX:BKW) CEO & Managing Director, Lindsay Partridge.
Lindsay has a background as a ceramic engineer, and is currently one of Australia’s longest-serving public company CEOs. He was appointed CEO of Brickworks Ltd in 1999 and Managing Director in 2000. On the occasion of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee 2012 Honours List Lindsay was appointed Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia, for service to the building and construction industry, particularly in areas of industry training and career development, and to the community, and he is an experienced company director with substantial expertise in governance, human resources, compliance reporting, media, investor relations and mergers and acquisitions. We talk to Lindsay about all of this, and more – including: how the pandemic has effected both the US and Australian businesses, his framework for approaching capital allocation decisions at Brickworks, his leadership philosophy and the greatest leadership challenges and successes he’s faced.
Some of our favourite resources and offers to help you during your journey:
- $50-$200 OFF some amazing investing courses by our friend-of-the-show, Owen
- Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight.
- Get a free stock when you sign-up to Stake, using the code EQUITYMATES
- Get exclusive access to our favourite data and insights platform, TIKR
- Take the emotion out of investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gold and Silver with micro-investing app, Bamboo. Use EQUITY MATES for $10 when you sign-up
- Get $15 of Bitcoin, using one of our favourite crypto-currency exchanges, Swyftx
- Get free trades if you plan to use the broker SelfWealth
Any views expressed by the podcast host or any guest are their own and do not represent the views of Equity Mates Media or any other employer or associated organisation.
Always remember, all information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Equity Mates are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Before making any financial decisions you should read the Produce Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
For more information head to our Disclaimer Page, where you can find resources to search for a registered financial professional near you.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Equity Mates is part of the Acast Creator Network.