On today’s episode, we’ve invited members of the Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF) at The University of Western Australia back on the show to pitch for the community watchlist. Last year we heard from their Chief Investment Officer, Ben, who pitched Citadel on the podcast. SMIF operates a high conviction fund undertaking positions in ASX listed companies following the end to end analysis, due diligence and valuation of the company, all completed by UWA’s top performing students. For this pitch, Bryce and Alec talk to Forress Salekian (CIO UWA SMIF) and Phillip Nguyen (Investment Director UWA SMIF), who’ve prepared a pitch deck on Technology One (ASX: TNE). Together they delve into their investment thesis, and share the extensive research they’ve done on the company.
Some of our favourite resources and offers to help you during your journey:
- $50-$200 OFF some amazing investing courses by our friend-of-the-show, Owen
- Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight.
- Get a free stock when you sign-up to Stake, using the code EQUITYMATES
- Get exclusive access to our favourite data and insights platform, TIKR
- Take the emotion out of investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gold and Silver with micro-investing app, Bamboo. Use EQUITY MATES for $10 when you sign-up
- Get $15 of Bitcoin, using one of our favourite crypto-currency exchanges, Swyftx
- Get free trades if you plan to use the broker SelfWealth
Any views expressed by the podcast host or any guest are their own and do not represent the views of Equity Mates Media or any other employer or associated organisation.
Always remember, all information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Equity Mates are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Before making any financial decisions you should read the Produce Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
For more information head to our Disclaimer Page, where you can find resources to search for a registered financial professional near you.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Equity Mates is part of the Acast Creator Network.