One industry that has been boosted by the COVID-lockdowns is the video game industry. With hundreds of millions of players around the world and some of the world’s biggest companies looking for ways to get involved, this is a fascinating industry to review.
We were joined by a member of the Equity Mates community, Ollie Powell, who took us through this industry in great detail. As we learnt in this episode, the video game industry is undergoing big structural changes and there will be some big winners and losers. By the end of this episode you’ll have a good understanding of what is changing and where this industry is going.
In this episode you will learn:
- Background on the industry
- How virtual reality and augmented reality are being adopted by the industry
- Some of the most popular titles for consoles, PCs and mobile
- The impact of COVID on the industry
- The growing industry for viewing video games
- The outlook for the industry and how its changing
- Some of the major companies involved in the industry
- A few different ETF options for the video games industry
Read Ollie’s written deep dive on the Equity Mates website here.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/