This was such a fun episode! When we noticed that Usman Khawaja was part of the Equity Mates community, we reached out to see where he was at on his investing journey. It turned out that he’d just started, and had put money in the markets right before the COVID-19 crash in March. Given that it was the fastest crash in history, we thought Usman would have some lessons to share, so we got him on to chat.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Usman’s first equity investment
- What attracted Usman to the stock market
- If the boys in the cricket change rooms also get around stocks!
- Usman’s investing philosophy
- His ‘mistake’ with Afterpay
- What’s in his portfolio, and what stocks he likes looking at
- How he determines what to buy
- Plus much more!
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/