Home country bias (where you only buy stocks in your home market) is important for all investors to avoid. Australian investors in particular need to break out of the ASX bubble. The opportunity set is just so much larger overseas (Australia represents ~2% of the global share market). So in this episode we set out to understand what stocks are being bought in the world’s largest share market – the USA.
To help us with this, we were joined by the founder of Stake, Matt Leibowitz. Stake offers brokerage-free trading of US markets for Australians, which means he has great insight into what Australians are buying overseas. So we picked his brains on what stocks are hot in the US and broke down why.
In this episode you will learn:
- What we got wrong on leveraged ETF’s in our last episode
- How Matt stays on top of the volume of information out there about different companies
- Matt’s trading philosophy
- About the obscure trucking company that over-65’s are buying
- The company that was the #1 most bought stock for the past month
- How Australians can access Berkshire Hathaway Class A shares
If you are interested in signing up to Stake, head to https://hellostake.com/ and use the code ‘EQUITYMATES’ to let Stake know we sent you.
Equity Mates Investing Podcast is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://diamantina.com.au/