Welcome to the Equity Mates Summer Series. As we take a break over the Christmas period, we will be releasing a series of deep-dive episodes to keep you going until we’re back in the New Year. A couple of weeks ago, we randomly generated 5 ASX ticker codes and will discuss one company per episode.
In this episode we discuss Baby Bunting (ASX Code: BBN), Australia’s largest specialist baby-goods retailer.
[We know the audio quality isn’t great in patches. We’re making sure it’ll be better for the remainder of our summer series. Thanks for bearing with us.]
In this episode, you will learn:
- Details about Baby Bunting as a company
- About Baby Bunting’s major competitors and the major changes that happened in the speciality baby retail industry last year
- How Baby Bunting is preparing to compete with online retailers like Amazon
- How the US Speciality Baby Retailers dealt with Amazon’s intrusion into their market
- The two key risks Bryce sees about investing in this industry
- The company’s key financials and how they compare to previous years
- Why the company saw revenue (sales) rise by 9% but net profit fall by 25%
- What happened to cause the company’s share price to jump 38% the day it released its latest Annual Report
- Baby Bunting’s future plans
- Perhaps most importantly, where the boys found this information
Stocks and Resources Discussed: