Welcome to the Equity Mates Summer Series. As we take a break over the Christmas period, we will be releasing a series of deep-dive episodes to keep you going until we’re back in the New Year. A couple of weeks ago, we randomly generated 5 ASX ticker codes and will discuss one company per episode.
In this episode we discuss GPT Group (ASX Code: GPT).
In this episode, you will learn:
- What a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) is
- The real estate assets that GPT Group own and manage
- How the downturn in the residential housing market has affected GPT’s assets and share price
- What are some of the key metrics you use when examining a REIT
- How to read a REIT’s financial statement, and why the net profit number can be misleading
- How the market values REIT’s
- The key differences between a Real Estate ETF and a Real Estate Investment Trust
- A few different ways you can short the real estate market
Stocks and Resources Discussed: