Every year, the ASX survey Australian investors to take the pulse of the Australian investment community. They look at who’s investing, what they’re focusing on and trends that are emerging throughout the investor landscape. The ASX have just released their 2020 study and we were joined by Rory Cunningham to discuss what they found.
Rory is the Senior Manager of Investment Products at the ASX. He is responsible for expanding the range of investment products that are available on the ASX and for making these products more accessible to investors throughout Australia. Prior to joining the ASX, Rory held positions at Fidelity Investments and Perpetual Investments. He has a Bachelor of Commerce and an MBA from the University of Sydney.
In this episode we cover:
- What is the ASX Investor Study
- How it is done, and how COVID affected it this year
- The key lessons from the 2020 edition of the ASX Investor Study
- Some of the key trends that are emerging amongst Australian investors
- Why Australians are investing
- How investor behaviour has changed during COVID
- How Rory expects investing trends to evolve over the coming years
You can read the full 2020 ASX Investor Study here.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/