In this episode, we deep dive into the renewable energy industry. Ørsted A/S, a Danish power company, was recently named the most sustainable company in the world, due to their pivot from fossil fuels to renewable energies (we did a YouTube video on it that you can see here). So we decided to take a closer look at what else is going on in the industry.
In this episode we:
- Start with a look at Australia’s energy industry
- Understand the electricity generation mix in Australia
- Look at where renewables fit in, and the massive transition happening in the industry
- Unpack some of the major headwinds for the industry
- Take a look at some specific companies for a pur- play investment or to get exposure to the industry
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.