In today’s episode we continue building our renewed hypothetical portfolio. We are taking a ‘core and satellite’ approach to this portfolio, so we spend this episode discussing the strategy for the core portfolio. We then select some specific ETFs that will form the basis of our core portfolio.
In this episode you will learn:
- The principles of a ‘core and satellite’ portfolio
- Our investing philosophy for our core portfolio
- The rules we will be applying for this portfolio
- How we are thinking about portfolio construction and rebalancing
- Some key asset classes that can be included in a core portfolio
- Examples of core portfolios
- The first six ETF’s we will be holding in our core portfolio
When listening to this episode it is important to remember that nothing discussed forms specific investment advice or an offer to buy, hold or sell individual securities. We are not investment advisors and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances or goals. The discussions are general in nature and are had for the purposes of financial education. Before investing please ensure you do your own research, reach the PDS available and speak to a financial advisor if you have any questions.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/