It’s with great excitement that we’ve been able to return to our Mates of Equity Mates series, with a special on bonds.
This one is a little different to the last, with Kip. In this episode, we sit down with a good mate from university, Knes, who is now heavily involved in the bonds industry. Bonds has been an asset we’ve wanted to explore a little deeper, so this was the perfect opportunity.
Knes has a lot of knowledge about bonds, and breaks it all down for us so we can wrap our heads around it – hopefully, you can too!
In this episode, you will learn:
- What bonds are
- How bonds differ from equities
- The size of the bond market vs the global equity market
- How bond pricing works
- What is meant by the terms coupon, floating and fixed
- What a hybrid is and how they differ from bonds
- How you can access the bond market as a retail investor
How to keep in touch with Equity Mates: