Lars Kroijer is a very smart man. He graduated Magna cum Laude from Harvard University with a degree in economics and received an MBA from Harvard Business School. He’s a former hedge-fund manager who currently serves on the advisory board of alternative investment funds in London, New York, Mumbai, and Hong Kong. He is the founder and managing director of AlliedCrowds.com – the leading directory and aggregator of alternative capital into the world’s 132 lower and middle-income countries. And to top it all off, he is the author of two books on finance:
- “Money Mavericks – Confessions of a Hedge Fund Manager”
- “Investing Demystified – How to Invest without Speculation and Sleepless Nights”
Lars holds the belief that is almost impossible for the majority of investors to beat the market in the long-run. So in the episode, we discuss:
- Lars’ views on the London property market, and
- his thoughts on property as an asset class
- what a hedge-fund manager actually does, and
- the definition of a market neutral special situations fund
- Lars’ investing philosophy
- why Lars’ believes the majority of investors have no chance of beating the market in the long-run, and
- what portfolio they can create to invest over the long-term, that is simple and cheap
- plus much, much more!
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://diamantina.com.au/