It’s no secret that women on average have a lower superannuation balance than men. This can be for many reasons. So when we came across FairVine Super, we knew we needed to get them on the show. FairVine is a superannuation fund designed for women.
We sat down with Rachel Hamlen, who is the Head Of Customer Experience at FairVine Super, to help us unpack some of the reasons why 1 in 3 women retire with no superannuation at all. We also take the opportunity to ask some broader questions about superannuation that impact everybody. We thoroughly enjoyed this interview, and want to thank Rachel for sharing her personal stories with our audience.
In this episode, you will learn:
- A bit about Rachel’s background and how she came to be working in superannuation
- What is wrong with the current superannuation system, particularly for women
- What is the gap between men and women at retirement
- How millennials should think about super
- What FairVine is and their mission
- Some of the investment strategies FairVine have on offer
- How FairVine is different from other super funds
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.