Tom Millner is a Director and Portfolio Manager at Contact Asset Management. Tom has 17 years experience in markets, was CEO of BKI Investment Company between 2008 and 2016. In that time he grew total assets from $440m to $1 billion. As well as his work at Contact Asset Management, Tom is also a director of Washington H Soul Pattinson and New Hope Corporation.
Bryce and Alec ask Tom about his first investment, his personal investing philosophy, and his journey from BKI, where he was CEO in 2008. During the chat, Tom also elaborates on why he’s not concerned about missing out on Afterpay, and expands on the 5 step framework for assessing companies and finding a quality investment: Principal Activity, Income, Financial Strength, Management, Valuation.
Some of our favourite resources and offers to help you during your journey:
- $50-$200 OFF some amazing investing courses by our friend-of-the-show, Owen
- Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight.
- Get a free stock when you sign-up to Stake, using the code EQUITYMATES
- Get exclusive access to our favourite data and insights platform, TIKR
- Take the emotion out of investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gold and Silver with micro-investing app, Bamboo. Use EQUITY MATES for $10 when you sign-up
- Get $15 of Bitcoin, using one of our favourite crypto-currency exchanges, Swyftx
- Get free trades if you plan to use the broker SelfWealth
Any views expressed by the podcast host or any guest are their own and do not represent the views of Equity Mates Media or any other employer or associated organisation.
Always remember, all information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Equity Mates are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Before making any financial decisions you should read the Produce Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
For more information head to our Disclaimer Page, where you can find resources to search for a registered financial professional near you.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.