Here at Equity Mates, we love finding up and coming Australian fund managers that have interesting perspectives and different approaches to markets. In this episode we speak to Michael Frazis, portfolio manager of Frazis Capital Partners, who certainly fits that description.
Michael has just come off an incredible year in 2020, beating his benchmark index by more than 100%! In this interview we unpack his unique investment philosophy, some of the companies that have driven his returns and his view on two sectors of particular interest to him – technology and life sciences.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Michael when from studying chemistry at Oxford to managing his own fund
- Why Michael looks for companies with “customer love” and “incredible growth”
- His take on traditional valuation metrics and why he’s happy to invest in companies losing money
- His investment thesis for some of the hottest stocks in markets today, including Tesla and Afterpay
- Some of the companies Michael finds interesting in the life sciences space
- Why Frazis Capital takes a ‘customer first’ rather than ‘management first’ approach to research
Any views expressed by the podcast host or any guest are their own and do not represent the views of Equity Mates Media or any other employer or associated organisation.
Always remember, all information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Equity Mates are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Before making any financial decisions you should read the Produce Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
For more information head to our Disclaimer Page, where you can find resources to search for a registered financial professional near you.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.