On this episode, we talk to Mary Manning. She’s a Portfolio Manager at Ellerston Capital for the Ellerston Asian Growth Fund, Ellerston Asian Investments (ASX:EAI) and the Ellerston India Fund. Prior to joining Ellerston, Mary spent 5 years at Oaktree Capital Management, the famous firm co-founded by Howard Marks. Mary has a MBA from Harvard and a PhD in Economics from Sydney University and is one of Australia’s foremost experts in investing in Asian markets. By 2050, China and India are predicted to be the 2 largest economies in the world, so Alec and Bryce ask Mary to talk specifically about these economies, the exciting IPO pipeline that’s emerging, and her advice for retail investors who want to explore the opportunities in the Asian markets.
Some of our favourite resources and offers to help you during your journey:
- $50-$200 OFF some amazing investing courses by our friend-of-the-show, Owen
- Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight.
- Get a free stock when you sign-up to Stake, using the code EQUITYMATES
- Get exclusive access to our favourite data and insights platform, TIKR
- Take the emotion out of investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gold and Silver with micro-investing app, Bamboo. Use EQUITY MATES for $10 when you sign-up
- Get $15 of Bitcoin, using one of our favourite crypto-currency exchanges, Swyftx
- Get free trades if you plan to use the broker SelfWealth
Any views expressed by the podcast host or any guest are their own and do not represent the views of Equity Mates Media or any other employer or associated organisation.
Always remember, all information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Equity Mates are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Before making any financial decisions you should read the Produce Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
For more information head to our Disclaimer Page, where you can find resources to search for a registered financial professional near you.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Equity Mates is part of the Acast Creator Network.