We love investing in companies at Equity Mates, and normally this is done through the public markets and stock exchanges.
However, there is a whole other world of private markets that retail investors, like us, rarely get access to. It’s in these markets, for example, that you get to invest in innovative, early-stage companies before they potentially exit with IPO.
The good news is that there are businesses set up to make the private markets accessible to the retail investor. One of the businesses is Equitise.
In this episode, we chat with the Co-founder and Director of Equitise, Jonny Wilkinson. Equitise is an equity crowdfunding platform, allowing Australian and New Zealanders to invest in early-stage companies in return for equity. It has the potential to be an exciting addition to your investment portfolio!
In this episode you will learn:
- Who Equitise are and what equity crowdfunding is
- Why a business would choose to crowdfund over VC, or debt
- Pro’s and con’s of crowdfunding
- How to buy into a company through Equitise
- Some of the major success stories that have used Equitise to raise money
- About the current state of the Australian VC market
- Plus much more!
How to keep in touch with Equity Mates: