It’s an Industry Deep Dive episode! And it begins with a bit of a debate between Bryce and Ren about the very definition of today’s chat – Infrastructure – and just what qualifies?
To settle it, we looked to Macquarie, who say: “Infrastructure provides essential products or services which are necessary to support economic and social activity… Infrastructure typically has a strong strategic position (such as monopoly or duopoly). This is because significant capital is usually required to construct the assets, resulting in high barriers to entry for would-be competitors.“
And infrastructure is a favourite sector for Buffett as well, who said his favourite investment was the ‘only toll road into town’.
As promised, here’s the links and lists that Bryce mentioned:
- Listed Funds
- ETFS Global Core Infrastructure (CORE)
- VanEck Vectors FTSE Global Infrastructure (Hedged) (IFRA)
- Magellan Infrastructure Fund (Hedged) (MICH)
- Vanguard Global Infrastructure Index (VBLD)
- Individual companies (ASX ticker) – ASX Sector
- Transurban (TCL) – Highways & Railtracks
- Sydney Airport (SYD) – Airport Services
- APA Group (APA) – Gas Utilities
- AusNet Services (AST) – Electric Utilities
- Infigen Energy (IFN) – Independent Power Producers & Energy Trader
- Atlas Arteria (ALX) – Highways & Railtracks
- Spark Infrastructure Group (SKI) – Electric Utilities
Some of our favourite resources and offers to help you during your journey:
- $50-$200 OFF some amazing investing courses by our friend-of-the-show, Owen
- Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight.
- Get a free stock when you sign-up to Stake, using the code EQUITYMATES
- Get exclusive access to our favourite data and insights platform, TIKR
- Get free trades if you plan to use the broker SelfWealth
Make sure you participate in our Equity Mates Listener survey – you could win $500.
Any views expressed by the podcast host or any guest are their own and do not represent the views of Equity Mates Media or any other employer or associated organisation.
Always remember, all information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Equity Mates are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Before making any financial decisions you should read the Produce Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
For more information head to our Disclaimer Page, where you can find resources to search for a registered financial professional near you.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.