Welcome to another episode of Equity Mates’ Summer Series. As we take a break over the Christmas period, we’re releasing a series of deep-dive episodes to keep you going until we’re back in the New Year. We’ve randomly generated 5 ASX ticker codes and will discuss one company per episode. The aim of the series is to show how we go about researching a company, and how we begin to formulate a thesis.
In this episode, we discuss Doriemus PLC (ASX Code: DOR), a British oil and gas company.
In this episode you will learn:
- The main functions of Doriemus PLC
- How it differs from your traditional oil and gas company
- Why understanding the skills of the management team is important
- The companies key financials and how they differ to previous years
- How to apply a valuation method to an oil company
- What impact little to no revenue has on the valuation of the company
- The resources and processes we used to find all of this information
Stocks and resources discussed: