In today’s episode we take a look at the fast growing cyber security industry. There’s a lot of reasons to like this industry. With more and more of our infrastructure being electrified, and everything from our jobs to our social lives moving online, cyber security has never been more important. In the coming years, the internet of things will connect everything from our fridge to our car, and the advent of machine learning and artificial intelligence will only accelerate this trend.
With this context in mind, protecting critical infrastructure and networks has never been more important. There are a number of great companies (with not so great names…) that offer cyber security services to governments, businesses and individuals. In this deep dive we take a look at the industry, some of its key attributes and how you can invest in it.
In this episode you will learn:
- The context for the cyber security industry
- Some of the common cyber security risks
- The story of notable cyber attacks
- COVID’s impact on the cyber security industry
- Why Bryce hates the name of many cyber security companies
- How you can conceptualise the different players in the cyber security industry
- The options to invest in cyber security – ETFs, cyber-related stocks and cyber security stocks
- Some of the key risks to investing in the cyber security industry
For more, check out the cyber security deep dive on the Equity Mates website.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/