A while ago (and in response to our most common critique) we at Equity Mates made a commitment – to improve the quality of our audio. Unfortunately, Ren is moving house at the moment and with a poor internet connection comes patchy audio.
So in the spirit of upholding our commitment, and improving our audio quality, we chose not to release that episode. Instead, we’re re-releasing one of our favourites. An interview with someone who has been managing money for over twenty years, who founded his own hedge fund and now provides some of the clearest and most insightful market commentary going around. We hope you enjoy this interview with Jesse Felder.
Original show notes below:
We are so excited to bring you another episode in our Expert Investor series. Our guest this week is someone who we have been following for a couple of years now, and have longed to have on the show. His name is Jesse Felder.
Jesse is an ex-Wall Street trader, starting his career at Bear Stearns (without even studying Business or Finance) – the largest investment bank on Wall Street at the time. He then went on co-found a multi-billion dollar hedge fund, before moving into financial media, and running ‘The Felder Report’.
Jesse’s views resonate with us, and if you’ve listened to our episode ‘The Buy-And-Hold Cult’ then you will have heard Jesse speak before.
In this episode you will learn:
- Jesse’s number one thing that beginners should understand better about markets
- What Jesse’s first investment was, and what lead him to that decision
- The worst piece of advice he’s ever received
- Why all investors should be wary of recency bias
- Jesse’s current approach to investing, given equity valuations are at historic highs
- Why Equity Mates might be wrong about the logic of index investing
- Why Gold still has potential, and why it should be part of every investor’s portfolio
Stocks and resources discussed: