From Warren Buffett to someone researching their first stock, every investor starts their journey in the same way – signing up to a broker. With so many options available these days it can be difficult to know where to start. Even for experienced investors, the industry is constantly changing, making it hard to know if there is a better option out there.
So given there have been some new entrants in the Australian market and some incumbents have updated their models and pricing, we thought it was time to go back to basics and do a deep dive on brokers.
In this episode you will learn:
- The different types of brokers available
- How Bryce and Ren think about choosing a broker
- The key factors to consider when choosing a broker
- Points of difference between brokers in Australia
- The brokers that Bryce and Ren use personally, and why
We then unpack some of the most common ‘investor types’ and give our opinion on the most suitable broker. These include:
- Looking for the cheapest option to buy stocks
- Looking to buy international stocks
- Wanting to dollar-cost average
- Looking for all the bells-and-whistles
- After a community of investors
- Wanting to buy more than just stocks
- Day traders
If you’re after more information on brokers, we’ve set up a page dedicated to choosing a broker. Head to www.equitymates.com/brokers
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/