Whenever Warren Buffett speaks, everyone in markets should listen. The 89-year old Oracle of Omaha recently answered shareholder questions at the 2020 Berkshire Hathaway annual general meeting. We’ve pulled out some of the answers that caught our ear and talk about them in this episode.
In this episode, you’ll hear Warren speak about:
- Why he believes in America
- How coronavirus may shutter some of Berkshire’s businesses
- Why today’s economic crisis is different to the 1929 great depression
- His thoughts on the American airlines and why he sold
- Why Warren won’t hold underperforming businesses
- Why Warren isn’t worried about the US Government reporting
- His thoughts on breaking up Berkshire into smaller companies
- Why Warren suggests investors should buy stocks despite Berkshire sitting on cash
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.