Andrew Page has worked in the financial markets for over 20 years, with experience as an equities analyst and market commentator, having worked at CommSec, The Motley Fool, and Team Invest. He is a passionate private investor, and the founder and Managing Director of Strawman.com.
Andrew is a very disciplined value investor, with a ton of experience, so we asked him to join us to discuss 3 stocks in his portfolio, with a focus on:
- How he found the company
- What the company does
- The key metrics that make the company appealing
- It’s valuation
We thoroughly enjoyed diving into his three choices, and hearing about his investing approach.
In this episode you will learn:
- The major lessons Andrew learnt from his first investment
- The importance of knowing what you are buying, and understanding when your thesis is broken
- How Andrew founded Strawman.com and what if offers private investors
- His investing philosophy and how it applies to:
- Integrated Research Limited (ASX: IRI)
- Pushpay Holdings Ltd (ASX: PPH)
- Catapult Group International Ltd (ASX: CAT)
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – our 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here.
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://www.diamantina.com.au/
If you have any questions, head to Equity Mates Facebook Discussion Group and ask the Equity Mates community.