We’re a big fan of starting the year with some bold predictions. So much so, that we asked friend of the show and expert investor Andrew Brown, Executive Director of East 72 Holdings, to join us to make some of his own.
In this episode learn why Andrew predicts:
- Australia will be in recession by end of 2020
- There will be one interest rate cut by the Reserve Bank of Australia
- The ASX 200 will break through 7100 but finish the year lower than the start of the year
- ANZ Bank (ASX: ANZ) will outperform the other Big 4 Australian banks
- There may be some mergers in the banking sector – most likely involving Suncorp (ASX: SUN), Bank of Queensland (ASX: BOQ) or Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (ASX: BEN)
- Gold will have a resurgence
- S&P 500 will finish the year lower than where it started
- Volatility will rear its head in 2020
- Sydney Roosters will 3-peat will another NRL premiership in 2020
If you want to review our 2020 bold predictions, or see how we did in past years, check it out here.
Want more? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network – the home of Australia’s favourite podcasts. For more information, visit http://diamantina.com.au/