Over the past 6 months as more and more Equity Mates have joined us on this journey, we’ve thought it may be time to do a reset episode. To explain how this podcast started and all that we’ve learnt over the past two years. Given we’re about to tick over to episode #100 – we thought this was the perfect time.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why Bryce and Alec started Equity Mates
- Two key things Alec has learnt over the last 99 episodes.
- The major lesson Bryce has taken away from the last two years.
- How Alec and Bryce think about investing today
- Why they look for companies with moats (long-term competitive advantages) and an ability to reinvest their profits
- How thinking for the long-term gives you an advantage over professional investors
- Why Seth Klarman’s distinction between investing and speculating has been particularly helpful
- What the boys think about the choice between picking stocks or taking the market average return