We are so excited to bring you another episode in our Expert Investor series. Our guest this week is someone who we have been following for a couple of years now, and have longed to have on the show. His name is Jesse Felder.
Jesse is an ex-Wall Street trader, starting his career at Bear Stearns (without even studying Business or Finance) – the largest investment bank on Wall Street at the time. He then went on co-found a multi-billion dollar hedge fund, before moving into financial media, and running ‘The Felder Report’.
Jesse’s views resonate with us, and if you’ve listened to our episode ‘The Buy-And-Hold Cult’ then you will have heard Jesse speak before.
In this episode you will learn:
- Jesse’s number one thing that beginners should understand better about markets
- What Jesse’s first investment was, and what lead him to that decision
- The worst piece of advice he’s ever received
- Why all investors should be wary of recency bias
- Jesse’s current approach to investing, given equity valuations are at historic highs
- Why Equity Mates might be wrong about the logic of index investing
- Why Gold still has potential, and why it should be part of every investor’s portfolio
Stocks and resources discussed: