We’re now getting towards the pointy-end of the ASX Sharemarket game, so it’s time we check-in to see how our portfolios are going. After a couple of rough weeks on the markets, and with a number of stocks that we have exposure too, heavily punished, things aren’t looking great for us to be in profit.
We also spend some time talking about Afterpay, just like everyone else. We started looking at Afterpay over 12 months ago, and have watched it run crazy. However over the last couple of months haven’t been so great for it, so we look at why, and what it means going forward.
In this episode you will learn:
- Who is winning the ASX competition between Bryce and Alec, and who is in profit, and who is making a loss
- Which stocks have been star performers in the game portfolios
- Which stocks have been star losers in the game portfolios
- What the major lessons have been over the last couple of months
- Why Afterpay is looking at a bumpy few months to come
- If Alec’s opinion on Afterpay has changed
Stocks and resources discussed:
- Costa Group Holdings (ASX: CGC)
- Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT)
- A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M)
- CSL Limited (ASX: CSL)
Follow us on Instagram – It’s not just memes, we’re actually using it as a platform to provide you with some inspiration and new concepts – each week we do a Pardon the Jargon (key terms you need to know as an investor), Company in the Spotlight (an introduction to a new Australian company), News and Thought Starters
Essential Learnings – we’ve collated all of our Basics 101 episodes into a series, so you can refer back to them, or use them as a starting point. They’re all essential episodes to learn to invest.
Ask Us Anything – if you want to ask us a question, head over to our forum, and ask us! If we can’t answer, we’ll get one of our Experts to.