Australia has a new Prime Minister. That fact was inescapable last week as the two Liberal Party leadership spills were plastered across news headlines. We aren’t interested in adding to the political commentary, but instead are interested in the effect these leadership changes have on the Australian market. So that is the question we set out to answer in this episode and accompanying blog post (link below).
In this episode you will learn:
- How Scott Morrison’s victory affected markets.
- The different reasons why leadership change may affect markets
- How leadership changes of years gone by (Gillard, Rudd, Abbott, Turnbull etc.) have affected the Australian market
- What has happened to the Australian market over this period of 6 Prime Ministers
- How you should think about news and politics affecting markets more generally
Stocks and Resources Discussed: