It is a decision every investor faces before they make their first trade, and for a lot of people it can be overwhelming. With so many options and so little experience, it is difficult to make the correct choice. No – we’re not talking about choosing your first share – we’re talking about choosing your brokerage platform.
A brokerage platform is simply the place (usually website these days) where you buy and sell shares. There are so many options these days from the more traditional, like the Big 4 Banks, to the disruptive, think phone-based, no cost platforms. In this Basics 101 episode, we break down the options available and what the important considerations are. So if you’re trying to make the choice, or think you made the wrong choice, this episode should help you choose the brokerage platform that is right for you.
In this episode you will learn:
- The three main categories of brokerage platforms available today
- What the Big 4 Banks and Macquarie offer
- What some of the online-only newcomers are offering in this space
- The different prices you’ll pay for brokerage
- Other important considerations for choosing your brokerage
- Which brokerage platforms the boys use and why
Stocks and Resources Discussed:
- We discussed a number of different share trading platforms in this episode. Rather than linking them all below, use these Finder.com.au resources to do your own comparison and decide what is right for you:
We’re partnering with BetaShares and General Assembly to put on a free, live event to discuss all things personal finance and investing. For the details and to sign up, click the links below: