Australia loves investors. You need to understand the tax advantages of a lot of your investments to make the most of it. But trying to understand it all can be confusing, especially if it’s your first time doing a tax return, or it’s been your first year investing in stocks.
Have no fear though, because in this episode we go through everything you need to know when it comes to your stocks and your tax return.
In this episode you will learn:
- What we mean when we say Australia loves investors
- The basics – dividend income, capital gains, total assessable income
- When you need to fill out a tax return
- The tax advantages of capital gains and capital losses
- About capital gains discount
- About tax loss selling
- About the beauty that are franking credits
- How margin loans can be advantageous if done right