Part 2 of our interview series Andrew Brown. If you haven’t listened to Part 1, we strongly suggest you do so before listening to Part 2. Brief of Part 1 below.
The brilliant and entertaining Andrew Brown, Executive Director East 72 Holdings Limited, is the first guest in our interview series. Andrew has over 35 years investing experience, that has taken him all over the world.
He is passionate about stocks and passing on his knowledge to those who want to learn – us! We cover a broad range of questions, from words of advice to someone beginning through to the current state of the economy and what that could mean for us as investors.
What you will learn this episode:
- How Andrew founded a company on the NSX (National Stock Exchange of Australia)
- Is Apple really that good?
- Developing and interrogating a thesis, and the advantage of hedging
- Where is the Australia agricultural sector is going
- Three companies on Andrews radar
Stocks and resources discussed:
- Wellard (ASX: WLD)
- News Corporation (ASX: NWS)
- PM Capital Global Opportunities Fund (ASX: PGF)
- McGrath Limited (ASX: MEA)