Something we wanted to understand through this podcast is how expert investors find, evaluate and make decisions on stocks. End-to-end, what is their process?
Andrew Brown, Executive Director of East 72 Holdings and first repeat podcast guest, agreed to spend some time walking through his process for a company he recently invested in. If you want to understand how expert investors think and understand what they look for, then this episode is for you.
[If you haven’t listened to Part 1 of our interview with Andrew Brown (episode 52 here), we’d suggest checking that out first]
In this episode you will learn:
- How Andrew identified Cabcharge as a potential investment.
- Andrew’s research process to study the company.
- Why Andrew drove Uber for 3 months, and what he discovered.
- How Andrew identified and valued ‘non-core’ assets the business owned.
- The questions Andrew took to the Cabcharge auditor at their Annual General Meeting.
- How Andrew then looked at Cabcharge’s balance sheet and valued the business.
- What happened with Cabcharge between our first interview and now.
- Andrew’s approach to managing his investments and staying on top of information once he’s made a trade.
Stocks and Resources Discussed:
- Cabcharge (ASX: CAB)