The brilliant and entertaining Andrew Brown, Executive Director East 72 Holdings Limited, is the first guest in our interview series. Andrew has over 35 years investing experience, that has taken him all over the world.
He is passionate about stocks and passing on his knowledge to those who want to learn – us! We cover a broad range of questions, from words of advice to someone beginning through to the current state of the economy and what that could mean for us as investors. There is advice and actions in this interview that everyone will be able to take away. Enjoy!
In this episode you will learn:
- Andrew’s perspective on value investing
- The best thing you can do to improve your investing success
- What has been Andrew’s best investment
- How to overcome challenges of getting your first investment
- What characteristics Andrew looks for in a company
- Why one investing book is worth over $1000!
Stocks and resources discussed:
- The Margin of Safety – Seth Klarmann
- Any books by Mohnish Pabrai – website with 307 books! (http://www.chaiwithpabrai.com/)