For most AFL fans, Ted Richards is a household name. After being drafted to the Essendon Football Club and then being traded to the Sydney Swans, Ted enjoyed an unbelievable career that included a spot in the 2012 All-Australian team, playing in 3 grand finals and winning a premiership in 2012. While he was playing, Ted also finished a Masters of Finance and developed a passion for investing. In this episode we discuss this passion and what life after football is like for Ted.
In this episode you will learn:
- Ted’s 4 point checklist for analysing potential investments
- How Ted balanced the demands of professional football with his interest in investing
- What an ‘Automated Investment Management Service’ is and how they differ from traditional financial advisors
- Ted’s approach to finding information related to companies and markets
- Ted’s pick for the AFL Grand Final
Stocks and Resources Discussed: