Superannuation – something everyone has and very few people pay attention to. Most people are aware of the importance of making the right Super decisions, but a lot of the time it gets put into the ‘too hard’ basket. In this episode we hope to make things a little bit clearer.
We’ve been receiving plenty of questions from listeners (and we’ll do a big Ask Us Anything episode soon) but we wanted to pull out some questions about Super and do a separate episode on them. We also talk about our personal Superannuation set ups and how we chose the funds we’re currently with.
In this episode you will learn about:
- The differences between a Superannuation account and an investment account
- The tax advantages that comes with Superannuation contributions
- Why your investing goals should affect how much you put into your Super
- What strategy should you adopt in your Super account
- A good rule of thumb for equity/bond split in your Super
- How both of the boys set up their Super and the key things they look for when choosing their Super providers
How to Get Involved in Equity Mates: