When we sat down to chat with Brandon, who hosts the YouTube channel Aussie Wealth Creation, one of the first things he said was, “you never know the emotion of trading until you actually do it”. We couldn’t agree more with this statement. It’s one of the most important messages we have for beginner investors. The biggest lessons you will learn are by doing.
We connected with Brandon because we both share the same ethos. We started out not really knowing much about investing and decided to record our journey as we learnt to invest, in the hope that it would inspire others to join too. Brandon has a deep focus on value investing and has been working on his strategy for a few years now.
In this episode you will learn:
- What the hardest thing was for Brandon when buying his first stock
- Where he found inspiration for his first purchase
- His ‘must-read’ book that now forms the basis for his investing strategy
- How understanding meaning, moats, management and margin of safety are integral to picking stocks and;
- An example of how to apply these to Facebook
- What a margin of safety is, and how Brandon applies it to his investing
- The different passive and active approaches used
Stocks and resources discussed: