It’s not often you get to talk to a trading expert, a best-selling author, a trading mentor, a keynote speaker, and a Queen of Candlesticks, but in this episode, we were lucky enough to speak to all of them, at once!
Louise Bedford is all of the above, plus a passionate educator, and we sat down on a Saturday morning to dive into all things trading (vs our longer-term approach). Trading, in its purest sense, is something that we haven’t put into practice a lot, and with our search for Australia’s Next Top Trader in March 2019, we thought it would be a great idea to get Louise on to give us a few trading tips, and insights into the power of candlestick charts.
In this episode you will learn:
- Louise’s distinction between trading and investing
- Why Louise believes every trader and investor should understand and use candlestick charts
- Why candlestick charts are superior to line and bar charts
- How 100 men in Japan started the very first real-time price updates
- The pros and cons of using leverage
- That Ren and Louise agree to disagree on investing time horizons
- That having a chart archetype and sticking to it is the most important lesson a trader can learn
- About Louise’s Trading Game mentorship program
Stocks and resources discussed:
- The Trading Game
- Talking Trading Podcast
- The Four Tendencies – Gretchen Rubin
- Deep Work – Cal Newport
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
Louise is generously offering all Equity Mates access to her Candlestick Pattern Summary – normally a resource you need to pay for, but for a limited time, it’s free for the Equity Mates community. So be sure to check it out!