We were delighted to have Danielle Ecuyer join us for this episode, to go back to basics with share investing. Danielle has just launched her new book ‘Shareplicity – A Simple Approach To Share Investing‘, which we found to be a great read.
Danielle trained as a share equities analyst in the late 1980s, before relocating to London in the 1990s where she transitioned her expertise to Institutional Emerging Markets. Danielle has worked in senior positions at some of the world’s most prestigious investment firms, advising global investment companies. Since arriving back in Australia in 2003, Danielle has used and expanded her skills for her own investment portfolios covering the Australian and US markets.
She has taken this experience, and Shareplicity strips it all back to the basics. In this episode you will learn:
- Three financial indicators to use when researching a company
- Some red flags to be aware of when looking at a company’s financial position
- How to think about dividends as a millennial investor
- The signs that a stock is a ‘game-changer’
- Why a set-and-forget strategy isn’t always sensible
- 3 stocks on Danielle’s watchlist that are exciting her
- Plus much more!
If you want to let Alec or Bryce know what you think of an episode, contact them here.
Some of our favourite resources and offers to help you during your journey:
- Want to do an online course with Equity Mates and Owen Raszkiewicz? We have the Beginner Shares Course and the Value Investor Program available now!
- Take control and track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
- Get a free stock when you sign-up to Stake, using the code EQUITYMATES
- Get exclusive access to our favourite data and insights platform, TIKR
- Take the emotion out of investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gold and Silver with micro-investing app, Bamboo. Use EQUITY MATES for $10 when you sign-up
- Get $15 of Bitcoin, using one of our favourite crypto-currency exchanges, Swyftx
- Get 5 free trades if you plan to use the broker SelfWealth
Equity Mates Investing Podcast is a product of Equity Mates Media.
All information in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. Equity Mates gives listeners access to information and educational content provided by a range of financial services professionals. It is not intended as a substitute for professional finance, legal or tax advice.
The hosts of Equity Mates Investing Podcast are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Equity Mates Media does not operate under an Australian financial services licence and relies on the exemption available under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) in respect of any information or advice given.
Before making any financial decisions you should read the Product Disclosure Statement and, if necessary, consult a licensed financial professional.
Do not take financial advice from a podcast.
For more information head to the disclaimer page on the Equity Mates website where you can find ASIC resources and find a registered financial professional near you.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Equity Mates Media and the hosts of Equity Mates Investing Podcast acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respects to their elders past and present and expend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people today.
Have you just started your investing journey? Head over to Get Started Investing – Equity Mates 12-part series with all the fundamentals you need to feel confident to start your investing journey.
Want more Equity Mates? Subscribe to our social media channels (@equitymates), Thought Starters * Get Started Investing mailing list and more, or check out our Youtube channel.
Equity Mates Investing Podcast is part of the Acast Creator Network.