Equity Mates Media is home of Australia’s favourite finance podcasts. The world of investing can be confusing and learning to invest is a daunting task for most Australians. Equity Mates was started to break down the barriers to investing, from beginning to dividend. With five podcasts, a tv show and a pipeline of new shows and formats, we are working to make investing accessible to everyday Australians.
As a media startup, we are growing quickly and looking for smart, motivated people to join the team. To support this growth we are looking to hire a Digital Marketing and Social Media professional to drive brand awareness, audience engagement and continue building Australia’s #1 finance community.
What you’ll do?
As the Digital Marketing & Social Media Co-Ordinator you will take end-to-end responsibility for all Equity Mates Media social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok. Working closely with our Marketing Strategist and Growth Marketing Specialist and reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for making Equity Mates the best financial account to follow.
In particular you will:
- Assist in developing and implementing Equity Mates Media social media strategy
- Develop engaging content to promote brand awareness and brand-focused messages
- Management of social communities – replying to messages, responding to comments, and regularly engaging with the Equity Mates community
- Measurement and reporting on social media performance and effectiveness
- Design and implement social media growth strategies
- Work with agencies, delivering briefs, overseeing content creation and delivery against deadlines, and managing content approvals
- Measure and report all digital marketing campaigns’ performance and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
This is a part-time role, for now.
Who are you?
We’re a small team looking to do big things. You will need to be flexible, strategic, energetic and take ownership of your deliverables – you’ll need to have hustle! Attitude and ability count far more than experience. If you’re someone who loves the idea of working at a startup and building something from the ground up, then this job is for you.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Passion for content, creativity, and finance/investing
- Content creation and social media marketing experience
- Excellent written communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills
- Outstanding organisational skills; the ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content.
- Analytical thinking
- Flexible and agile – able to work after-hours/weekends to cover market activities and events as they occur
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment – we work a break-neck speed
- Experience in finance/business industry is a bonus!
What you’ll get?
- Flexible working options, freedom and autonomy to do your best work in a way that fits your lifestyle. This is a part-time position, for now.
- Learn from some of the best in the business
- The opportunity to make your mark
- Competitive salary
- Ideally living in Sydney, but not a barrier if you live elsewhere
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application
- Ideally available to work up to 3 days per week
How to apply
- Send your resume, any examples of past work, and max. 500 words outlining why this is your role to own, to email@example.com